To Joseph Milligan
Monticello July 21. 16.
In your letter of June 4. you informed me you would be ab[le] to begin Tracy’s work by the 4th of July. my responsibility to m[r] Tracy makes me expect with anxiety the Prospectus & proof sheets. I hope soon to begin to recieve them. they shall meet no delay from [me.] will you be so good as to send me the Miniature editions of Homer[’s] Iliad & Odyssey, and of Dryden’s Virgil, handsomely bound. I rec[ol]lect that the latter was advertised by Conrad. these volumes are [so] small that they may come by mail. Accept my respects & bes[t] wishes.
PoC (DLC); edge trimmed; at foot of text: “Mr Millegan”; endorsed by TJ.
miniature editions of Homer, The Iliad, in 2 vols., and John Dryden, The Works of Virgil (Philadelphia, 1814), were respectively advertised in the Washington Daily National Intelligencer, 6 Mar. 1815, 4 Jan. 1816.
- A Treatise on Political Economy (Destutt de Tracy) search
- books; purchased from J. Milligan search
- Conrad, John search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; A Treatise on Political Economy search
- Dryden, John; translatesThe Works of Virgil (Virgil) search
- Homer; Iliad search
- Homer; Odyssey search
- Iliad (Homer); miniature edition of search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; orders books search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; translates Destutt de Tracy’s works search
- Milligan, Joseph; and Destutt de Tracy’sTreatise on Political Economy search
- Milligan, Joseph; letters to search
- Milligan, Joseph; TJ orders books from search
- Odyssey (Homer); miniature edition of search
- political economy; works on search
- The Works of Virgil (Virgil; trans. J. Dryden) search
- Virgil; The Works of Virgil (trans. J. Dryden) search