To Joseph Milligan
Monticello Sep. 8. 16.
You must excuse me, dear Sir, if I trouble you with my inexpressible anxieties about the delay of publication of mr Tracy’s book, as I hear nothing of it’s commencement altho’ you assured me it should be begun the 4th of July. mr Tracy’s complaints of me give me a right to complain highly of mr Duane, and now turn to you. pray let me hear from you, and say only what I may depend will be done, & communicate to him as my justification. Accept my best wishes & respects.
PoC (DLC); on recto of reused address cover of José Corrêa da Serra to TJ, 16 June 1816; at foot of text: “Mr Joseph Millegan”; endorsed by TJ.
- A Treatise on Political Economy (Destutt de Tracy) search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; A Treatise on Political Economy search
- Duane, William; and Destutt de Tracy’s works search
- Milligan, Joseph; and Destutt de Tracy’sTreatise on Political Economy search
- Milligan, Joseph; letters to search
- political economy; works on search