From Fitzwhylsonn & Potter
Richmond Decr 11. 1816.
Your favor of October 11 was received in due course of Post, and that of the 3d Current, yesterday. We have made repeated applications, at the Stage Office, for the package, mentioned in the former, which we have constantly expected, by the Stage, but it has never arrived, nor is it in our power to gain any information respecting it. As soon as it is received, the binding shall be executed without loss of time.
We commenced, sir, with sending the Edinburg Review, at No 32 and every succeeding number has been forwarded. No 52, the last number republished,1 in this country, is just come to hand, and will accompany the 2nd Vol: of Pleasants’ edition of the laws of Virginia, as soon as a safe opportunity presents itself of sending them to Monticello, or Charlottesville.
As soon as the Sessions Acts, ordered by you, can be gotten they shall be forwarded.
We shall be thankful, sir, to you for your orders and shall give to them the earliest attention.
Fitzwhylsonn & Potter
RC (MHi); in William H. Fitzwhylsonn’s hand; endorsed by TJ as received 18 Dec. 1816 and so recorded in SJL. RC (DLC); address cover only; with PoC of TJ to William H. Crawford, 24 Dec. 1816, on verso; addressed: “His Excellency Thomas JeffersonMonticello”; franked; postmarked Richmond, 12 Dec., and (faint) Charlottesville, 1[ ] Dec.
1. Reworked from “published.”
- A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a public and permanent nature, as are now in force (S. Pleasants) search
- books; binding of for TJ search
- carriages; stagecoaches search
- Edinburgh Review; Fitzwhylsonn & Potter as agent for search
- Edinburgh Review; TJ subscribes to search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); and books for TJ search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); andEdinburgh Review search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); binds publications for TJ search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- law; books on search
- Pleasants, Samuel; A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a public and permanent nature, as are now in force search
- Richmond, Va.; stage office in search
- Virginia; laws of search