To Fitzwhylsonn & Potter
Monticello Dec. 29. 16.
Messrs Fitzwhylson and Potter
Your’s of the 11th is received, as also the 2d vol. of Pleasan[ts’] edition of the laws. the bundle of Edinburg Reviews was sent from Milton at the time formerly mentioned, and are supposed to have been left at a place where the stages are changed. my grandson is now setting out for Richmond and will enquire for them. when you send them and the collection of laws, be so good as to add a copy of the English translation of Josephus, the 8vo edition as no other is desired. I am in great distress for the Sessions acts of 1794. if you can single out that volume and send it to me by mail, you will oblige me. Accept my respectful salutations
PoC (DLC); on verso of a reused address cover from Timothy Banger to TJ; edge trimmed; endorsed by TJ.
TJ’s grandson was Thomas Jefferson Randolph.
- A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a public and permanent nature, as are now in force (S. Pleasants) search
- books; on history search
- Edinburgh Review; Fitzwhylsonn & Potter as agent for search
- Edinburgh Review; TJ subscribes to search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); and books for TJ search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); andEdinburgh Review search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); letters to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; orders books search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; receives works search
- Josephus; The Genuine Works of Flavius Josephus (trans. W. Whiston) search
- law; books on search
- Pleasants, Samuel; A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a public and permanent nature, as are now in force search
- Randolph, Thomas Jefferson (TJ’s grandson; Jane Hollins Nicholas Randolph’s husband); visits Richmond search
- Richmond, Va.; stage office in search
- The Genuine Works of Flavius Josephus (Josephus; trans. W. Whiston) search
- Virginia; laws of search
- Whiston, William; translatesThe Genuine Works of Flavius Josephus (Josephus) search