From David Gelston
New York 20th August 1816.
I have this day received in Store one case, said to contain thirty bottles red wine shipped by Mr Cathalen from Marseilles—this with the preceding I shall Ship by the first good opportunity for Richmond agreeably to the request in your letter of the 3d instant—
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as received 26 Aug. 1816 and so recorded in SJL, which has the additional notation: “30. b. red wine Ledanon Cathalan.” RC (MHi); address cover only; with PoC of TJ to John Burke, 22 Nov. 1816, on verso; addressed: “Thomas Jefferson Esquire Monticello”; stamp canceled; franked; postmarked New York, 21 Aug.
- Cathalan, Stephen (Étienne) (1757–1819); and wine for TJ search
- France; wines from search
- Gelston, David; and wine for TJ search
- Gelston, David; letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; orders wine from S. Cathalan search
- Lédenon, France; wine of search
- wine; French search
- wine; of Lédenon search
- wine; TJ orders from S. Cathalan search