To Robert Saunders
Monticello Mar. 2. 16.
I recieved yesterday your favor of Feb. 20. covering an acknolegement of the Cashier of the bank of Virginia at Richmond that you had deposited there the sum of six hundred and thirty five Dollars 48 cents to my [c]redit for the use of John Baptist Fancelli: and I recieved under the same cover a return of Fancelli’s letters of At[tor]ney to me which had been forwarded to you for the settle[m]ent of his claims on mr Bracken as admr of the late Charles Bellini. with an expression of my entire satisfaction with your agency in this business & thanks for your diligence in it be pleased to accept the assura[nce] of my great respect and esteem.
PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover of John F. Watson to TJ, 5 Feb. 1816; edge trimmed, with some text rewritten by TJ; mutilated at seal; at foot of text: “Mr Robert Saunders”; with TJ’s Notes on the Administration of Charles Bellini’s Estate, 4 Apr. 1818, on verso; endorsed by TJ.
- Bank of Virginia (Richmond); and C. Bellini estate search
- Bellini, Charles (Carlo Maria Marchionne); estate of search
- Bracken, John; and C. Bellini estate search
- Fancelli, Giovanni Battista; and C. Bellini estate search
- Fancelli, Giovanni Battista; power of attorney from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and C. Bellini estate search
- Saunders, Robert; and C. Bellini estate search
- Saunders, Robert; letters to search