To Mathew Carey
Monticello Feb. 10. 14.
Th: Jefferson presents his compliments to mr Carey and his thanks for the copy of the 2d edition of Clark’s Naval history which has come safely to hand. he is happy to find that mr Clark is continuing the work, and ensuring to us the preservation of the facts as they occur. he has recovered more of those of the Revolutionary war than had been deemed practicable. Th:J. salutes mr Carey with esteem and respect.
PoC (DLC); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ.
- books; on history search
- Carey, Mathew; and T. Clark’s Naval History of the United States search
- Carey, Mathew; letters to search
- Clark, Thomas; Naval History of the United States search
- history; books on search
- history; naval search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; receives books search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Opinions on; historical works search
- Naval History of the United States (T. Clark) search