To John Barnes
Monticello Sep. 18. 13.
I have just recieved a letter of Dec. 1. from Genl Kosciuszko, in which he says ‘I have recieved a bill of exchange of 5500 francs from mr Barnes, and I have been punctually paid by the house of mr Morton. I pray you to continue to remit me my interest thro’ the same channel; if mr Morton will have the goodness to permit it’
This putting out of all doubt the preferable channel of remittance, will enable you to adopt the same means without further delay. ever affectionately Yours
PoC (DLC); at foot of text: “Mr Barnes”; endorsed by TJ.
- Barnes, John; and T. Kosciuszko’s American investments search
- Barnes, John; letters to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and T. Kosciuszko’s American investments search
- Kosciuszko, Tadeusz (Thaddeus) Andrzej Bonawentura; letters from accounted for search
- Kosciuszko, Tadeusz (Thaddeus) Andrzej Bonawentura; remittances to search
- Morton, John Archer; and TJ’s payments to T. Kosciuszko search
- Morton & Russell (Bordeaux firm) search