From John Barnes
George Town 10th Octr 1813—
Your very Acceptable favour—tho dated, the 18th Ulto did not reach, me before last1 evening—conveying the ageeable intilligence—Genl Kosciuskos receiving—your last years Remittance for ƒ5,500 franc’s—with order to remit his Annual Int thro same Convenint Channel—in consequence, I instantly Addressed a few lines to Mr Geo Williams—at Baltimore on the subject of an immediate Remittance exchange &c—and if Necessary—I would wait upon him—to compleat the Negociation—in Order to convey as early as possible the 1st 2d & 3d to the good Genl—at Paris—
RC (ViU: TJP-ER); addressed: “Thomas Jefferson Esquire Monticello—Virginia”; franked; postmarked Georgetown, 11 Oct.; endorsed by TJ as received 13 Oct. 1813 and so recorded in SJL.
Jonathan smith was the cashier of the Bank of Pennsylvania.
1. Reworked from “late.”
- Bank of Pennsylvania; stock owned by T. Kosciuszko search
- Barnes, John; and T. Kosciuszko’s American investments search
- Barnes, John; letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and T. Kosciuszko’s American investments search
- Kosciuszko, Tadeusz (Thaddeus) Andrzej Bonawentura; Bank of Pennsylvania stock of search
- Kosciuszko, Tadeusz (Thaddeus) Andrzej Bonawentura; remittances to search
- Smith, Jonathan; cashier of Bank of Pennsylvania search
- Williams, George; and T. Kosciuszko’s American investments search