From Lewis A. Pauly
Calf pasture. 11h July 1812.
I am honored with the luminous observations your kindness did bestow on Mr & Made de Beauvois claims: they establish, in each point of view, such clair principles, which will perclude the necessity further to interfere with the precious moments of your solicitudes. I am going to transmit them to Mr Oster for his directions; reserving the liberty to render you an account of any issu in the case, that may take place hereafter, as due to the Magnanimous interest you are pleased to take in favor of the rights of strangers.
L. A. Pauly
RC (MHi); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ as received 23 July 1812 and so recorded in SJL.
clair: French for “clear” or “undeniable.”
- Oster, Martin; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Palisot de Beauvois, Ambroise Marie François Joseph; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Palisot de Beauvois, Mary Ann Rouelle (Jean Rouelle’s widow; A. Palisot de Beauvois’s wife); and P. Piernet’s will search
- Pauly, Lewis Abraham; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Pauly, Lewis Abraham; letters from search
- Piernet, Pierre (Peter); estate of search