To Lewis A. Pauly
Monticello Sep. 18. 12.
I have recieved a letter from mr Oster with a copy of an opinion of mr Tazewell in the case of M. de Beauvois, very much in conformity with what I wrote to you. I presume the inclosed letter covers a copy of the same opinion for you. should it not, if you will be so good as to drop me a line saying so, I will forward to you my copy, that the proceedings advised may be immediately instituted. Accept the assurance of my esteem & respect
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “M. Pauly”; endorsed by TJ.
- Palisot de Beauvois, Ambroise Marie François Joseph; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Palisot de Beauvois, Mary Ann Rouelle (Jean Rouelle’s widow; A. Palisot de Beauvois’s wife); and P. Piernet’s will search
- Pauly, Lewis Abraham; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Pauly, Lewis Abraham; letters to search
- Tazewell, Littleton Waller; and P. Piernet’s will search