From George Jefferson
Richmond 27th June 1811
I have sold your last 54 barrels of flour to Wm McKenzie at 8.½ & 9$. (5 barrels being fine only)1 on a credit of 60 days, his note to be endorsed by Jno Lesslie.—For the reasons before assigned you will be pleased to consider this likewise as a Cash sale.
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 10 July 1811 and so recorded in SJL. Dupl (MHi); entirely in James Ligon’s hand; on verso of RC of Jefferson to TJ, 4 July 1811, and received by TJ with that letter on 7 July 1811.
1. Parenthetical phrase omitted in Dupl.
- flour; sale of search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); flour sold for TJ search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters from search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); sells TJ’s flour search
- Lesslie, John; and TJ’s flour search
- Ligon, James; clerk for Gibson & Jefferson search
- McKenzie, William; purchases TJ’s flour search