30. Went a Fox hunting with Lund Washington. Took the drag of a Fox by Isaac Gates, & carrd. it tolerably well to the old Glebe then touchd now & then upon a Cold Scent till we came into Colo. Fairfax’s Neck where we found about half after three upon the Hills just above Accotinck Creek. After running till quite Dark took of the Dogs & came home.
The old glebe was located on the Colchester-Alexandria road, along a branch of Accotink Creek. The 300–acre tract was bought from John Heryford in 1734 as a glebe for Truro Parish and in 1737 the vestry contracted for the building of a mansion house on the land. In 1752, however, the vestry sold this land and instead bought an adjoining tract of 176 acres from Rev. Charles Green to use as its new glebe (SLAUGHTER  description begins Philip Slaughter. The History of Truro Parish in Virginia. Edited by Edward L. Goodwin. Philadelphia, 1908. description ends , 12, 29; Fairfax County Deeds, Book C–1, 362–63, Vi Microfilm).
Fairfax’s Neck, or Belvoir Neck, was the neck of land between Dogue and Accotink creeks, where Belvoir was located.