To Enoch Reynolds
Monticello July 13. 16.
Absence from home has occasioned my not recieving till lately your favor of June 27. I have for some time declined becoming a subscriber for any new work, on the general wish to avoid every possible new engagement. I return you the inclosed however with my subscription for a copy of the Declaration of Independance, I will ask the favor of mr John Barnes of Georgetown to recieve the copy when ready, and to pay for it.
RC (MHi); with subjoined receipt from Joseph Reynolds to John Barnes, 28 Jan. 1820 (see TJ to Barnes, 23 Mar. 1820); beneath signature: “Mr Enoch Reynolds.” PoC (MHi); on verso of reused address cover of Barnes to TJ, 31 May 1816; endorsed by TJ. Enclosure not found.
- Barnes, John; as TJ’s agent search
- Declaration of Independence; TJ purchases printed copy of search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; subscriptions search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with J. Barnes search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; Declaration of Independence search
- Reynolds, Enoch; and engraved copy of Declaration of Independence search
- Reynolds, Enoch; letter to search
- subscriptions, for publications; Declaration of Independence search