From Alexander J. Dallas
Treasury Department 16. February 1816.
At the request of Mr Isaac Briggs, I take the liberty of asking you to state your reccollection of the facts represented by that gentleman in the inclosed letter, relative to the subject of his Petition, referred by the Senate to this Department.
I have the honor to be, with every Sentiment of respect and attachment, Sir, Yr mo. obed Sevt
A. J. Dallas
RC (DLC); at foot of text: “The Honble Thomas Jefferson. Monticello”; endorsed by TJ as received 21 Feb. 1816 and so recorded in SJL, where the letter is mistakenly dated 12 Feb. 1816. Enclosure not found.
- Briggs, Isaac; petitions Congress search
- Briggs, Isaac; surveyor of federal lands search
- Congress, U.S.; petitions to search
- Dallas, Alexander James; and I. Briggs’s claim for compensation search
- Dallas, Alexander James; as secretary of the treasury search
- Dallas, Alexander James; letters from search