Statement of Taxable Property in Albemarle County
A list of the taxable property of the subscriber in Albemarle Feb. 1. 1816.
5. white tythes.
74. slaves of 16. years old and upwards.
14. do of 12. years & not 16.
33. horses, mules, mares & colts.
1. four wheeled carriage, a Landau.
MS (MHi); written entirely in TJ’s hand on verso of a portion of a reused address cover to TJ; endorsed by TJ: “Sheriff Albem. taxable property 1816.”
- Albemarle County, Va.; Statement of TJ’s Taxable Property in Albemarle County search
- carriages; gigs search
- carriages; landaus search
- carriages; taxes on search
- horses; taxes on search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; pays taxes search
- slaves; taxes on search
- taxes; on carriages search
- taxes; on free whites search
- taxes; on horses search
- taxes; on slaves search
- taxes; Statement of Taxable Property in Albemarle County search
- taxes; TJ pays search
- Virginia; General Assembly search
- whites; taxes on search