To William Wirt
Monticello Mar. 11. 15.
Th: Jefferson presents his compliments to mr Wirt, and on enquiry what had been done in Scott’s suit against him he learns that it was dismissed in June last, and that the execution for the costs has been delivered to mr Wirt. he asks the favor of it’s being forwarded to him and salutes him with assurances of his great esteem and respect.
PoC (MHi); dateline at foot of text; on verso of reused address cover from Hugh Nelson to TJ; endorsed by TJ.
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; dispute with S. Scott search
- Scott, Samuel; TJ’s land dispute with search
- Scott v. Jefferson and Harrison; case dismissed search
- Scott v. Jefferson and Harrison; court costs in search
- Wirt, William; and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Wirt, William; letters to search