To William Duane
Monticello Aug. 17. 14.
Since my letter to you of the 3d I have had occasion to make a remittance to mr Dufief bookseller of Philadelphia out of which I have desired him to pay my arrears for the Aurora, being of two years I believe besides the current year. if you will be so good as to call on him for it within a few days after your reciept of this, the remittance will by that time have got to his hands from Gibson & Jefferson my correspondents of Richmond. if you had any reciever at this last place, the paiment should be very regularly made every year. Accept the assurance of my esteem and respect.
PoC (DLC); at foot of text: “Genl Duane”; on verso of reused address cover to TJ.
TJ’s missing letter of the 3d is recorded in SJL.
- Aurora (Philadelphia newspaper); and W. Duane search
- Aurora (Philadelphia newspaper); TJ’s subscription to search
- Duane, William; letters to search
- Duane, William; letters to accounted for search
- Duane, William; TJ’s account with search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; TJ pays search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; and newspaper subscriptions search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with N. G. Dufief search
- newspapers; Philadelphia Aurora search
- Philadelphia; Aurora search