From Joseph Delaplaine
Philadelphia April 30. 1814.
Since I took the liberty of writing to you respecting the portraits of Columbus & Americus Vespusius, I am enabled to send you a perfect proposal of my Biographical work, in the first volume of which your portrait & a Biographical skectch of your life will be given.
I shall be happy if you will authorize me to put [your]1 name with others on my list as a subscriber.
With the highest respect & esteem
RC (DLC); at foot of text: “The Honble Thomas Jefferson late Prest of the U. States”; endorsed by TJ as received 7 May 1814 and so recorded in SJL.
1. Omitted word editorially supplied.
- biography; of TJ search
- biography; proposed national search
- books; biographical search
- Columbus, Christopher; and portrait for J. Delaplaine’s Repository search
- Delaplaine, Joseph; Delaplaine’s Repository search
- Delaplaine, Joseph; letters from search
- Delaplaine, Joseph; proposal for printing Delaplaine’s Repository search
- Repository of the Lives and Portraits of Distinguished Americans (J. Delaplaine) search
- Vespucci, Amerigo (Americus Vespucius); portrait of search