To Alexander H. Stevens
Monticello Aug. 23. 13.
Th: Jefferson presents his compliments to mr Alexander H. Stevens, acknoleges the reciept of the 2. vols of the Code Criminel & du Commerce which he has been so kind as to bring him from mr Warden, and he prays him to accept his thanks for his care and trouble, with the assurances of his respect.
PoC (MHi); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ.
- books; on law search
- Code de Commerce (D. Raynal) search
- Code d’Instruction criminelle search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; receives books search
- law; books on search
- Raynal, David; Code de Commerce search
- Stevens, Alexander Hodgdon; forwards works to TJ search
- Stevens, Alexander Hodgdon; letters to search
- Warden, David Bailie; sends publications to TJ search