To Peter Derieux
Monticello Aug. 23. 13.
Th: Jefferson presents his respects to mr Derieux, and incloses him a letter he has lately recieved from a mr Dutasta, now at New york which it may be interesting to mr Derieux to answer. as Th:J. is just now setting out on a journey & to be absent some time, he supposes mr Derieux’ answer had better go to New York direct.
PoC (DLC); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ as a letter to Derieux, corrected from “Dutasta.” Enclosure: Dutasta to TJ, 1 July 1813, recorded in SJL as received 30 July 1813 from New York, but not found.
- Derieux, Peter (Justin Pierre Plumard); and Dutasta search
- Derieux, Peter (Justin Pierre Plumard); letters to search
- Derieux, Peter (Justin Pierre Plumard); TJ forwards letter to search
- Dutasta, Mr.; and P. Derieux search
- Dutasta, Mr.; letters from accounted for search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); TJ plans visit to search