To Samuel J. Harrison
Mar. 11. 13
I wrote you on the 7th a request that the money for my tobo might be paid in Richmond. it now occurs that I have about 250.D. of debts to pay in the neighborhood of Poplar Forest which would be more conveniently done by what is in your hands, than by drawing it back again from Richmd. you will oblige me therefore by paying that sum, when due, to Jeremiah A. Goodman, and having paiment made of the balance only at the counting house of Gibson & Jefferson in Richmond. Accept the assurance of my esteem & respect.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr Saml J. Harrison”; endorsed by TJ.
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and payments to TJ search
- Goodman, Jeremiah Augustus; Poplar Forest overseer search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; buys tobacco from TJ search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; letters to search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); Overseers at; and sale of tobacco to S. J. Harrison search
- tobacco; sold to S. J. Harrison search