From David Michie
June 27h 1812
I am perfectly willing to have Colo Lewis’ deposition taken at the house of Mr Jno Watson in the town of Milton on wednesday next. It is with regret that I cannot appoint an earlier day. Permit me to remark that the process of forcible entry may be served & tried at Court on monday the 6h of July next if it perfectly comports with your convenience—Accept the tender of my respects
Tr (ViU: TJP-LBJM); in George Carr’s hand; dateline beneath signature; at foot of text: “Th Jefferson Esqr.” Recorded in SJL as received 27 June 1812. Enclosed in David Michie’s Plea and Answer in Jefferson v. Michie, [by 6 Sept. 1813].
SJL records a missing letter from TJ to James Lewis of 28 June 1812 that probably concerned itself with his deposition, which is printed below at 1 July 1812.
- Henderson case; TJ’s role in search
- Jefferson v. Michie; and depositions search
- Lewis, James; and deposition in Henderson case search
- Lewis, James; letters to accounted for search
- Michie, David; claim to part of Henderson lands search
- Michie, David; Jefferson v. Michie search
- Michie, David; letters from search
- Watson, John; and J. Lewis deposition search