From Samuel J. Harrison
Lynchbg Jany 16. 1812
Mr Griffen tells me that you have directed your Overseer, to Send your present Crop of Tobo to Richmond; which I am Sorry to hear; as I had intended to make you a Liberal offer for it: and as it is not yet too late, I hope you will say by Return of Mr Griffen, what price you will take for it—you Know the prospects are against the Probability of Tobaccoes getting Very high: To that I Dare Say (if you are disposed to Sell here) that we Should not likely disagree: that at any rate I will expect you to propose a price—Should the overseer have Engaged Boats to take it down I will take them off his hand.
S J Harrison
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as a letter from “Harrison Saml H.” received 22 Jan. 1812 and so recorded in SJL.
The overseer at Poplar Forest was Jeremiah A. Goodman.
- boats; transfer goods to and from Richmond search
- Goodman, Jeremiah Augustus; Poplar Forest overseer search
- Griffin, Burgess; Poplar Forest overseer search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; buys tobacco from TJ search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; sells tobacco search
- overseers; and sale of tobacco to S. J. Harrison search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); Overseers at; and sale of tobacco to S. J. Harrison search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); tobacco grown at search
- Richmond, Va.; boats transfer goods to and from search
- tobacco; grown at Poplar Forest search