From Peter Minor
Ridgway Apl 3d 1811
I think you mentioned that you would recieve & store any corn for the Rivanna Company that they would have ground in your Mill. Under this impression I have contracted to have some delivered there in the course of a day or two, & other parcels hereafter, & I have taken the liberty to mention it to you in this way, in order that you may instruct your Miller or whoever is to receive it in case you have not given them instructions heretofore. The corn will be shelled, & delivered in small parcels at a time, so as to produce the least inconvenience to you.
I am sorry I cannot do myself the pleasure of seeing you today—Having been engaged for some time in opening a new road, & my neighbours having determined to assist me in it today, as the most convenient time to them, renders my personal attention indispensable
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr Jefferson”; endorsed by TJ as received 3 Apr. 1811 and so recorded in SJL.
On 7 Jan. 1811 Minor received permission from the Albemarle County Court to open a new road (Albemarle Co. Order Book [1810–11], 346).
- Albemarle County, Va.; and road orders search
- corn; grinding at Shadwell search
- Minor, Peter; and Rivanna Company search
- Minor, Peter; letters from search
- Rivanna Company; agreement with search
- roads; orders to build search
- Shadwell mills; and Rivanna Company search
- Shadwell mills; improvements to search