From Theodorus Bailey
New york, 2d April 1811.
By the Mail of this Morning, I had the honor of receiving your Letter of the 28th of March, covering one for Mr Warden—that Gentleman took his departure from this City for Washington, a day or two since, with a view, as I understand, to obtain a passage from that place to France, in the Vessel which is to carry Mr Barlow on his Mission: I have this day forwarded your letter to Mr W. by Post, to Washington; addressed to the care of Mr Munroe, which I hope will meet your Approbation.
The Map delineating the route of the projected Canal through the Western parts of this State, which I mentioned in my last letter, will not be compleated until the ensuing Week
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as received 14 Apr. 1811 and so recorded in SJL.
- Bailey, Theodorus; and map of N.Y. search
- Bailey, Theodorus; letters from search
- Bailey, Theodorus; postmaster in New York City search
- Barlow, Joel; U.S. minister to France search
- canals; Erie search
- Erie Canal search
- maps; of projected Erie Canal search
- Munroe (Monroe), Thomas; Washington postmaster search
- New York (state); maps of search
- Warden, David Bailie; and consular nomination search