From James McKinney
Paoli Mills Octr 23d 1810 (Culpeper)
I Recd yours of the 9th Inst yesterday I still continue at the Slate Mills where Mr Strode has an intrest— It is well known to my imployers that I am waiting the Motion of the Mr Shoemaker’s & consider myself to be Ready at a Moments warning from an Idea that their is hardly a doubt but you & me will Agree—I expect to be in Albemarl as soon as I can get leasure which in all probability will be some Months hence—If any thing should turn up be pleasd to drop me a line I shall be with you in a few days after I receive it
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson Esquire”; endorsed by TJ as received 31 Oct. 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
A 4 May 1811 letter from McKinney to TJ, not found, is recorded in SJL as received from Slate Mills on 19 May 1811.
- Culpeper Court House (later Culpeper), Va. search
- McKinney, James; and Shadwell mills search
- McKinney, James; letters from search
- Shadwell mills; mismanagement at search
- Shoemaker, Jonathan; and mismanagement of Shadwell Mill search
- Slate Mills (Culpeper, now Rappahannock Co., Va.) search
- Strode, John; and Slate Mills search