To William Wirt
Monticello Mar. 25. 10.
Th: Jefferson salutes mr Wirt with friendship & respect, & informs him that the answer to his letter of Jan. 18. is now in hand & advanced; but that a journey to Bedford, on which he sets out tomorrow, will delay it a month at least. it will be written in the supposition that it is to be entirely confidential.
PoC (DLC); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ. Tr (MdHi: Wirt Papers).
- Henry, Patrick; W. Wirt’s book on search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); TJ visits search
- Sketches of the Life and Character of Patrick Henry (W. Wirt); TJ provides information for search
- Wirt, William; letters to search
- Wirt, William; Sketches of the Life and Character of Patrick Henry search