From George Jefferson
Richmond 16th Mar: 1810.
I yesterday received from Mr Chas Johnston on your account, a dft on Messrs Tompkins & Murray of this place at 10 days sight for 1243$.
I have heard nothing yet of Messrs Shoemaker’s flour.
RC (Mrs. T. Wilber Chelf, Mrs. Virginius Dabney, and Mrs. Alexander W. Parker, Richmond, 1944; photocopy in ViU: TJP); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 18 Mar. 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; sells tobacco search
- Johnston, Charles; purchases TJ’s tobacco search
- Richmond, Va.; flour shipped to search
- Shadwell mills; flour from search
- Shoemaker, Jonathan; ships flour to Richmond search
- Tompkins & Murray (Richmond firm) search