From Gideon Granger
Washington City March 1st 1810
I have duly received yours of the 24th Jany which has remained unanswered untill this time in consequence of continued and distressing sickness. I have been greviously afflicted with the Rheumatism in my head and bowels and a nervous affection.
A Post office is this day directed to be [. . .]d at George’s Tavern.
Next to the approbation of my own conscience the testimonial you have furnished of my fidelity in Public life furnishes the highest consolation.
RC (DLC); torn at seal; between dateline and salutation: “Thos Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 4 Mar. 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
- George’s Tavern (Goochland Co., Va.); post office at search
- Goochland County, Va.; post office in search
- Granger, Gideon; and post office at George’s Tavern search
- Granger, Gideon; illness of search
- Granger, Gideon; letters from search
- health; rheumatism search
- Post Office, U.S.; and Va. post offices search
- rheumatism; G. Granger’s search
- Virginia; post offices in search