To David Copeland
Monticello July 24. 09.
In my letter of June 25. I mentioned the request I should make to Commr Ladd to postpone the meeting of the parties in the suit of Gilliam v. Fleming to October, when we might hope a full & effectual meeting, & a final settlement of matters which are every day vanishing from memory & knolege. he has fixed on the 20th of Oct. at 9. A.M. at his office, of which he desired me to write you notice. I have written to messrs Skipwith, Eppes & Fleming urgently to attend, as I shall certainly do myself, and hope we shall have the pleasure of seeing you there. I think your knolege of most of the transactions will be of essential service towards the rendering justice to all parties. I salute you with assurances of great esteem & respect.
PoC (DLC); at foot of text: “D. Copeland esq.”; endorsed by TJ.
- Copeland, David; and Gilliam v. Fleming search
- Copeland, David; letters to search
- Eppes, John Wayles (TJ’s son-in-law); and Gilliam v. Fleming search
- Fleming, William; and Gilliam v. Fleming search
- Gilliam v. Fleming; and settlement of accounts search
- Skipwith, Henry (TJ’s brother-in-law); and Gilliam v. Fleming search