To John F. Watson
Monticello Aug. 17. 14
Your favor of June 2. has been recieved, as also Nos 29. 31. & 37. and vols 1. 2. 3. of the Edinburgh review. the 4th and subsequent volumes had better come on by mail, singly as they are published. I have directed a remittance to be made by my correspondents in Richmond, Gibson & Jefferson, to mr Dufief bookseller in Philadelphia, out of which I have desired him to pay you 11.25 D for which be so good as to call on him within a few days after you recieve this, and accept the assurances of my respect.
PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover to TJ; at foot of text: “Mr John F. Watson”; endorsed by TJ.
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; bookseller search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; TJ pays search
- Edinburgh Review search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; orders books search
- Watson, John Fanning; bookseller search
- Watson, John Fanning; letters to search