Acct. of the Weather—in August 
Augt. 1st. Very cool Morning, & not an unpleasant day.
2. Cool Morning & Evening again but midling warm Midday.
3. Clear with more warmth—but not hot.
4. Tolerably warm with the Mornings & Evenings still cool.
5. Warm morning & hot day with a thunder shower—to the Westward.
6. Warm again, with appearances of Rain but none fell.
7. Warm, but a brisk breeze about Noon.
8. Again Warm with a breeze as usual at & before noon.
9. Warm with appearances of Rain in the afternoon, but none fell.
10. Exceeding hot and Sultry, but the Heat corrected a little by the Breeze at Noon.
11. Lowering Morning with a thunder shower in the Afternoon & exceedg. Hott.
12. Again very warm—but a breeze as usual & noon wch. however sometimes dies away.
13. Very Warm with the accustomed breeze down the Vale of the Mountains.
14. Very warm forenoon with a shower or two in the Afternoon with thunder & sharpe Lightning.
15. Cool forenoon—the Wind being northwardly & fresh—but warm afternoon the wind dying away.
17. Wind Eastwardly fresh & Cool especially in the Evening & night.
18. Morning Cool, but Midday warm notwithstanding the Wind blew fresh.
19. Morning tolerably pleasant, but very warm Evening. Wind fresh.
20. Morning Warm. Abt. Noon a shower with rumbling thunder. The afternoon wet.
21. Tolerably cool & pleasant. Wind northwardly. Night Cool.
22. Cool and pleasant. Night rather cold.
23. Clear, cool, and pleasant. Wind northwardly.
24. Clear & tolerably warm with but little wind.
25. A fine Shower from the Westward about One oclock with slighter ones afterwards.
26. Morning lowering but clear & cool afterwards.
27. Clear and cool especially in the Evening & morning.
28. Cool morning but Warm Midday & Cloudy afternoon.
29. Cloudy Morning with a Shower of Rain. Clear & warm afterwards.
30. Clear but warm wind being southwardly.
31. Clear and warm with but little Wind and that Southwardly.