To Patrick Gibson
Poplar Forest Aug. 17.  17.
Your’s of Aug. 11. came to hand yesterday & I now inclose the note of 3000.D. for the bank of the US. signed. I note the observations on the articles of 250.D. which I recollect, that of the 31. D of which I had not before been ascertained, and the 10. respecting which I have not the papers here, but I presume your corrections are right as to that as well as the others. accept the renewal of assurances of my friendship & respect.
PoC (DLC: TJ Papers, ser. 10); on verso of reused address cover of Thomas Humphreys to TJ, 2 July 1817; misdated; at foot of text: “Mr Gibson”; endorsed by TJ as a letter of <
17> 18 Aug. 1817 and so recorded in SJL. Enclosure not found.
- Bank of the United States, Second; TJ’s loan from search
- Gibson, Patrick; account with TJ search
- Gibson, Patrick; and TJ’s loan from Second Bank of the United States search
- Gibson, Patrick; letters to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; loan from Second Bank of the United States search