List of Wine and Food Ordered from Stephen Cathalan by Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Jefferson Randolph
[ca. 6 June 1817]
Vin de Perpignan de M. Durand. 100. gallons, en double futaille.
Vin de Ledanon. 100. bottles. say, one hundred.
Vin de Nice de Bellet. 200. bottles. say, two hundred.
best Olive oil. 5. gallons in bottles.
Maccaroni 100. ℔.
Raisins. 50. ℔. those of Smyrna, sans pepins, would be preferred.
Anchovies. 1. doz. bottles.
the above are for Th: Jefferson
The following articles are for Thomas J. Randolph. 60. gallons of Vin de Perpignan of M. Durand, in double casks.
100. bottles vin de M. Bergasse of the quality of Bordeaux claret.
50. ℔ Maccaroni.
PoC (DLC: TJ Papers, 210:37453); entirely in TJ’s hand; undated.
- anchovies search
- Bellet (wine) search
- Bergasse, Henry search
- Cathalan, Stephen (Étienne) (1757–1819); and wine for TJ search
- Cathalan, Stephen (Étienne) (1757–1819); as commercial agent in Marseille search
- claret (wine) search
- fish; anchovies search
- food; anchovies search
- food; macaroni search
- food; olive oil search
- food; raisins search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; orders wine from S. Cathalan search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; List of Wine and Food Ordered from Stephen Cathalan search
- Lédenon, France; wine of search
- macaroni; T. J. Randolph orders search
- macaroni; TJ orders search
- Nice; wine from search
- oil; olive search
- olives; oil search
- raisins; TJ orders search
- Randolph, Thomas Jefferson (TJ’s grandson; Jane Hollins Nicholas Randolph’s husband); orders food and wine from Europe search
- Roussillon, France; wine from search
- wine; Bellet search
- wine; claret search
- wine; of Lédenon search
- wine; of Nice search
- wine; of Roussillon search
- wine; TJ orders from S. Cathalan search