To Nicolas G. Dufief
Monticello Jan. 11. 1817.
Th: Jefferson asks the favor of mr Dufief to inclose a copy of the Commentary on Montesquieu published by Duane in 1811. to mr Adams at Quincy Mass. charging it to Th:J. he salutes him with friendship & respect.
PoC (DLC); on verso of a reused address cover from George Ticknor to TJ; dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ.
- Adams, John; works sent to search
- books; on politics search
- books; sent by N. G. Dufief search
- Commentary and Review of Montesquieu’s Spirit of Laws (Destutt de Tracy); sent to J. Adams search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; Commentary and Review of Montesquieu’s Spirit of Laws search
- Duane, William; and Destutt de Tracy’s works search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; and J. Adams search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; letters to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; sends books search