From Mathew Carey
Philada Sept. 12. 1816
Your favour of the 1st inst. which I Recd a few days since, is before me.
Of the whole list of Books you wish, there are only three remain, of which I annex the Invoice. They shall be sent by the first opportunity in a Box to Fitzwhylsonn & Potter, my correspondents at Richmond, with directions to deliver them to Mesrs Gibson & Jefferson.
RC (MHi); dateline at foot of text; with enclosure on verso of address leaf; addressed (in a clerk’s hand): “Thomas Jefferson Esqr Monticello Va”; franked; postmarked Philadelphia, 12 Sept.; endorsed by TJ as received 19 Sept. 1816 and so recorded in SJL.
- Carey, Mathew; and books for TJ search
- Carey, Mathew; letters from search
- Fitzwhylsonn & Potter (Richmond firm); and books for TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and books acquired by TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; orders books search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; Invoice from Mathew Carey search
- Priestley, Joseph; library and scientific apparatus of search