To Nicolas G. Dufief
Monticello June 9. 16.
Your favor of May 27. is but just now come to hand, and I write this day to request messrs Gibson & Jefferson to remit you from Richmond 31.D. the amount of the books, in the hope you may recieve it before your departure for France should you definitively decide to go. Mckay’s two volumes are recieved. Accept my best wishes for a pleasant and safe voyage & return, with the assurance of my great esteem & respect
PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover of Gideon Fitz to TJ, 20 Mar. 1816; at foot of text: “Mr Dufief”; endorsed by TJ.
- books; on latitude and longitude search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; letters to search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; plans trip to Europe search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; TJ pays search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; receives works search
- Mackay, Andrew; The theory and practice of finding the Longitude at Sea or Land search
- The theory and practice of finding the Longitude at Sea or Land (A. Mackay) search