From Charles Yancey
Richmond 27 decr 1815
enclosed is a bill which has for its object an alteration of our state Constitution any Information You may feel disposed to give after Reading it will be thankfully Recd I expect You See the public prints & can be informed of our proceedings. accept of my good wishes for Your health & happiness with Sentiments of esteem I am Your friend & Mo. Ob Sert
RC (DLC); endorsed by TJ as received 9 Jan. 1816 and so recorded in SJL.
Yancey probably here enclosed a copy, not found, of a bill “Requiring the Sheriffs of the different counties and corporations within this Commonwealth, to take the sense of the people upon the propriety of calling a Convention,” of which the Virginia House of Delegates ordered 250 copies to be printed on 22 Dec. 1815 (JHD description begins Journal of the House of Delegates of the Commonwealth of Virginia description ends [1815–16 sess.], 63).
- Bill Requiring the Sheriffs of the different counties and corporations within this Commonwealth, to take the sense of the people upon the propriety of calling a Convention (1815) search
- Virginia; constitutional convention for proposed search
- Virginia; House of Delegates search
- Yancey, Charles; as Va. legislator search
- Yancey, Charles; letters from search