To Thomas Ritchie
Th: Jefferson asks the favor of mr Ritchie to insert in his paper the underwritten Notice as often as the rules of the assembly require it to be done; and to place the cost in Th:J’s account for newspapers which mr Ritchie recieves at such epochs as he pleases from mr Gibson. it is on behalf of a friend who is not in the way to have it done for himself. he salutes mr Ritchie with constant friendship and respect.
PoC (MHi); on verso of reused address cover of Tristram Dalton to TJ, 21 Aug. 1815; dateline beneath closing; endorsed by TJ.
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Miller, Joseph; and Norfolk property search
- Miller, Joseph; petition to General Assembly search
- Reed, Thomas (brother of Joseph Miller); estate of search
- Richmond Enquirer (newspaper); TJ submits item to search
- Ritchie, Thomas; as editor of RichmondEnquirer search
- Ritchie, Thomas; letters to search
- Virginia; General Assembly search