From John Vaughan
Philad. July 28. 1815
I recieved your favor of July 11. & shewd your letter to Mr Girard & then enclosed him a Copy, as he proposed given a Credit upon Mr Moreton of Bordeaux or order to him to arrange the business—I wrote him a note requesting that he would furnish me with a Copy of the Credit, which I could multiply & forward agreeably to your Directions, at same time I Sent him the 550$ that no time might be lost; I have not yet recieved any reply from him, as Soon as I do I shall miss no oppy of forwarding Copies—As soon as the Dft remd by Mr P Gibson is paid, ballance payble to B. Jones shall be Sent to him.
As I am known to Mr Moreton there will be no difficulty in the Copies I give
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as received 3 Aug. 1815 and so recorded in SJL.
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Girard, Stephen; and TJ’s lines of credit search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with J. Vaughan search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; lines of credit in Europe search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; payments to B. Jones search
- Jones, Benjamin; TJ pays search
- Morton, John Archer; and TJ’s line of credit search
- Vaughan, John; account with TJ search
- Vaughan, John; and TJ’s lines of credit in Europe search
- Vaughan, John; letters from search