To Joseph Milligan
Monticello June 26. 15.
I wrote to you from Bedford the 1st inst. to which I refer you if you have made a list of the books I forwarded for binding I would thank you for a copy, being at a loss sometimes to recollect whether a particular book was among them. indeed I shall be glad of the books themselves as soon as you can have them bound. I observe there is a mail-tumbrel from Fredsbg weekly to Milton which brings such things. I wish also to know if you have got Tracy’s manuscript; how the library got on to Washington? whether it is unpacked, replaced on it’s shelves Etc. and whether you expect to print the Catalogue? Accept my best wishes & respects.
PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover of Nicolas G. Dufief to TJ, 4 May 1815; at foot of text: “Mr Millegan”; endorsed by TJ.
- A Treatise on Political Economy (Destutt de Tracy) search
- books; binding of for TJ search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; A Treatise on Political Economy search
- Fredericksburg, Va.; post office at search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; catalogue of search
- Library of Congress; TJ’s catalogue of books sold to search
- Library of Congress; transportation of TJ’s books to Washington search
- Milligan, Joseph; and Destutt de Tracy’s Treatise on Political Economy search
- Milligan, Joseph; and transmission of packages to and from TJ search
- Milligan, Joseph; assists with packing and transportation of TJ’s library search
- Milligan, Joseph; binds books for TJ search
- Milligan, Joseph; letters to search
- Milton, Va.; post office at search
- political economy; works on search
- Post Office, U.S.; and Va. post offices search
- Virginia; post offices in search