To Joseph Milligan
Poplar Forest June 1. 15.
I keep at this place a small Polygraph which requir[es] paper exactly of the size of that now inclosed. I must ask the favor of you to send me a ream of that size. the quality too of the model is much liked, altho’ perhaps we do not make any such. I shall be glad also of another ream of 4to letter paper for use at Monticello. that I now write on is about a good size. these may be packed and come on with the books you have to bind for me. send on at the same time if you please a copy of Dufief’s French & English dictionary in 3. vols. I salute you with esteem and respect.
PoC (DLC); edge trimmed; at foot of text: “Mr Joseph Millegan”; endorsed by TJ. Enclosure not found.
- A New Universal and Pronouncing Dictionary of the French and English Languages (N. G. Dufief) search
- books; dictionaries search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; A New Universal and Pronouncing Dictionary of the French and English Languages search
- English language; dictionaries search
- French language; dictionaries search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; orders books search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Correspondence; paper used for search
- machines; polygraph search
- Milligan, Joseph; letters to search
- Milligan, Joseph; TJ orders books from search
- Milligan, Joseph; TJ orders paper from search
- polygraph; at Poplar Forest search
- polygraph; paper for search
- stationery; letter paper search