From James Oldham
Richmond December 14th 1814.
I informed you on the 11th of October of Mr Foulke Promissing me to have youre memorandum of glass put up at the Glassworks in baltimore and forworded on to richmond, he rites me that the Glass workes is not in operation and have not bin for Some time and Such Sizes of Glass cannot be Got in Baltimore.
the agent for the boston company has ritten for it and informs me this morning that I may have it in 24 or 25 days. the moment it comes to hand I Shol inform you.
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thos Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 16 Dec. 1814 and so recorded in SJL.
- Baltimore, Md.; glass manufactured at search
- Boston, Mass.; glass from search
- building materials; window glass search
- Foulke, Mr.; and window glass for TJ search
- glass, window; Boston search
- glass, window; for Monticello search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); glass for search
- Oldham, James; and window glass search
- Oldham, James; letters from search