From James Oldham
Richmond October 11th 1814.
youre Letter of the 27 Ultimo was duly Receved. I have examened Richmond thruoute and there is not A Pane of glass lerger than 9 I. by 11 I in the Town. understanding there was A Probebility of Some in Peters-burge, I rote to Mr Frederick Y. Roddy who Informs me there is none to be Purchas’d
A Mr Foulke of Richmond sets oute for Baltimore this day and is well acquanted with the manegers of the Glass-workes there, has Promised me to have the Glass cut and Sent on to Richmond by the first convayance; I consulted Mr Gibson and he wos of the opinion that it wos the only way to get it.
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thos Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 17 Oct. 1814 and so recorded in SJL.
- Baltimore, Md.; glass manufactured at search
- building materials; window glass search
- Foulke, Mr.; and window glass for TJ search
- Gibson, Patrick; and window glass for TJ search
- glass, window; for Monticello search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); glass for search
- Oldham, James; and window glass search
- Oldham, James; letters from search
- Richmond, Va.; glass at search
- Roddy, Frederick Y.; and window glass for TJ search