To Thomas Ritchie
Monticello Sep. 27. 14.
In a letter of Aug. 19. I proposed to you to publish the tran[s]lation of an inedited work of Mr Tracy, to which I will ask the favor of an answer, as, if you cannot do it, I must engage some other. I wi[ll] also ask the return of two letters from Dr Maese of Philadelphia and mr Greer of Baltimore inclosed in mine of Aug. 14. Accept the assurance of my esteem and respect.
PoC (MHi); edge trimmed; at foot of text: “Thomas Ritchie esq.”; on verso of address cover to RC of Thomas Jefferson Randolph to TJ, 31 Aug. 1814; endorsed by TJ.
- A Treatise on Political Economy (Destutt de Tracy) search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; A Treatise on Political Economy search
- Greer, George; letters from mentioned search
- Mease, James; on apples search
- Ritchie, Thomas; and works of Destutt de Tracy search
- Ritchie, Thomas; letters to search
- Ritchie, Thomas; letters to accounted for search