From James W. Wallace
Fauquier July 8th
The Gentleman who was to have deliver’d Mrs Mason’s bundle at Charlottsville, has declined his Journey—Mrs Wallace in my absence sent a boy to Monticello with it, the boy was taken sick & returned, leaving the bundle at Major Claytons Culpeper CHouse—I have sent the Saw of a fish, which I hope will be acceptable.
James W. Wallace
RC (DLC: TJ Papers, 201:35825); partially dated; endorsed by TJ as received 25 July 1814 and so recorded in SJL.
- Bankhead, Ann (Anne) Cary Randolph (TJ’s granddaughter; Charles Lewis Bankhead’s wife); greetings to search
- Bankhead, Charles Lewis (Ann Cary Randolph Bankhead’s husband); greetings to search
- Clayton, Maj. (of Culpeper Courthouse); and package for TJ search
- Mason, Elizabeth Beltzhoover (John T. Mason’s wife); sends textile samples to TJ search
- Wallace, Elizabeth Edmonds (James W. Wallace’s wife); and package for TJ search
- Wallace, James Westwood; letters from search
- Wallace, James Westwood; sends saw of a fish to TJ search