To Joseph Darmsdatt
Monticello [J]uly 1. 14.
I must ask the favor of you to send me 12. barr[els] of herrings and one of Shad: one half of the herrings to be sent to Lynchburg to the care of mr Robertson mercha[nt] of that place, and the other half with the barrel of sha[d] to be sent here by any of the Milton boats. my flour not being as yet sold, I cannot fix the paiment exactl[y,] but it shall be as soon as in my power. accept the assurances of my esteem & respect.
PoC (MHi); dateline faint; edge trimmed; at foot of text: “Mr Darmsdadt”; endorsed by TJ.
- Darmsdatt, Joseph; and fish for TJ search
- Darmsdatt, Joseph; letters to search
- fish; herring search
- fish; shad search
- flour; sale of search
- food; herring search
- food; shad search
- herring; TJ orders search
- Lynchburg, Va.; fish shipped to search
- Milton, Va.; boats traveling to and from search
- Robertson, Archibald; receives goods for TJ search
- shad; TJ purchases search