To John Melish
Monticello Jan. 21. 14.
Th: Jefferson presents his compliments to mr Melish and his thanks for the renewed mark of his attention in sending him a copy of his military Atlas, a very interesting work in the present state of things. he begs leave to become a subscriber for the New General Atlas which mr Melish proposes to publish, of which he returns the Prospectus with his name to it. he salutes mr Melish with great esteem & respect.
PoC (DLC); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ.
- A Military and Topographical Atlas of the United States (J. Melish) search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; subscriptions search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- Melish, John; A Military and Topographical Atlas of the United States search
- Melish, John; letters to search
- Melish, John; proposal for printing a general atlas search