To Edmund M. Blunt
Monticello Oct. 19. 13.
Th: Jefferson presents his compliments to mr Blunt, and returns him many thanks for the copy of his edition of the Nautical Almanac for 1814. which he has been so kind as to send him. it is a very acceptable present as his inland situation renders it difficult to procure the English edition, to which mr Blount’s is made entirely equivalent by it’s exact conformity with the original. he salutes him with respect & with his best wishes for the continuance of success in this useful publication.
RC (CtY: United States Presidents Collection); dateline at foot of text; addressed: “Mr Edmund M. Blunt No 202. Waterstreet New York”; franked. PoC (DLC); endorsed by TJ.
- Blunt, Edmund March; Blunt’s Edition of the Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris, for the year 1814 search
- Blunt, Edmund March; letters to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; receives books search
- Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris (London edition); mentioned search
- The Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris (E. M. Blunt); sent to TJ search